Thursday, August 6, 2009

MEN-MENTORS

Read this story and although I strive to help any talent especially female to pursue their dreams it's unfortunate to have to admit that when I started in this business not many females gave me a hand. There was Lena who pushed to get me on Fox 35 when I was only about 22 and a couple of others but at the end of the day my mentors are men. Here is an article on that


If there is a woman behind every successful man, it may be as true that there is a man behind most every successful woman.
Sorry, husbands. He's probably not you, but rather a male executive who champions women to the top.
Mentor Pictures, Images and Photos

TELL US: Identify the one mentor who most influenced your success. Did your mentor's gender make a difference to you?

When USA TODAY asked female CEOs, chairs and company founders to identify the one mentor who had the most influence on their careers, 33 of the 34 who responded identified a man.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2009-08-04-female-executives-male-mentors_N.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment